DeCou Lumber Company was originally part of the Homer T. Hayward Lumber Company Chain. The yard was purchased from the Hayward chain in 1937 by Ralph Hagle Sr. and Jerry W. DeCou Jr. forming the partnership of Hagle-DeCou Lumber Company. The big expansion came in 1957 when the 30’x60’ office and the 60’x80’ warehouse were built. The outside yard area was expanded at the same time. The next addition was the enlarging of the office and sales floor from 30’x60’ to 60’x84’ which was done in 1967.